Monday, February 1, 2016

January 2016 dinner is a wrap.

If I had to use one word to describe the experience I had cooking for my January guests for the first monthly dinner, it would be gratitude.

I was nervous embarking on this endeavor. And since I operated on my own, I was constantly in my own head about every single aspect, almost obsessively. But you know what, I made it happen, and while the possibilities and variables around its execution rested solely on my shoulders, success was ultimately defined by my guests and their experience.

I am so grateful to my five dinner guests: they were patient, loving, and even braved Storm Jonas on a Sunday night (January 24th). I also found an additional level of confidence through their encouragement, compassion, and support--before, during, and after the dinner--so it absolutely could not have been a success, nay a dinner, without guests. Thank you, friends.

This is Chez Spa.
So come eat.

Brussels Sprouts Mash. Seasonal Fruit Tart Tatin also pictured.
Photo by Jess Lennon

Dinner guests Jess and Andrew. 
Photo by Jess Lennon

Dinner guests Brent and Ilana.
Photo by Jess Lennon.

 
Orange Roasted Beet Salad with Rocket Greens, Goat Cheese, House-made Vinaigrette.
Photo by Jess Lennon.

Appetizer presentation. 
Photo by Jess Lennon.

Utica Greens Stuffed Veal, Brussels Sprouts Mash, Seasonal Vegetable Bake.
Photo by Jess Lennon.

Seasonal Fruit Tarte Tatin with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (not pictured). 
Photo by Jess Lennon.

The first guests for 2106 monthly dinners (L-R): Jess, Ilana, Andrew, Rebecca, and Brent.
Photo by Jess Lennon.

No comments:

Post a Comment