Monday, August 9, 2010

Our Final Days on Koh Phi Phi

Well, I definitely waited (or procrastinated) waaaaaay too long to write this Dandygram and be able to include detailed stories of my last few days on Koh Phi Phi with Andres, but what I can tell you is that it only got better as time went on.

Once the rain finally let up from the first few days, we were able to get out on the beach (although I still could not get into the water), soak up some rays, and go for a walk to see all the places we frequented after the sun would go down. It was actually a long stretch of beach on the one side of the small strip in the middle of the island (see pictures below), and with an abundance of places to stop and wet our whistles, we needed a nap under the shade in some of the numerous beach chairs. Plus, it was getting VERY hot at that point in the afternoon.

Andres and I only had a few more days on the island before heading back to Bangkok, so we made the most of it--typically spending our nights trying to find something different to eat, watching Muay Thai at Reggae Bar, and wondering down the beach for a bucket (or two) and some dancing under the moon.

While the remaining nights went the same, there were always small surprises along the way. For the sake of getting this Dandygram out, I'm going to now flood you with a few pictures highlighting my remaining days on Koh Phi Phi in order to get on with stories of my last month in Southeast Asia. Also, my foot was healing up quite well with the stitches in . . . well, sorta.

My foot--eight days after the incident.

Our group watching Muay Thai in Reggae Bar.

The most economical way to drink.

Still smiling even with 9 stitches and a bit of a limp.

Three straws, one bucket, too much fun.

The best photo for 100 Baht ($3).

Moments before Andres' Muay Thai match. He won--of course.

Self explanatory . . .

Koh Phi Phi from the viewpoint . . .

. . . and then moments later.

The best way I could celebrate July 4th.

I wasn't the only one who had a foot injury!

Leaving Koh Phi Phi was a sad, sad day indeed.

Leaving the same way we came.

Getting ready for the World Cup games back in Bangkok--go HOLLAND!

So, there you have it. My time on Koh Phi Phi had come to an end. I had made more friends, had reunited with Andres, watched numerous Muay Thai matches, danced until I couldn't feel my foot, purchased a few too many buckets, and created memories that would last a lifetime.

At this point, I had a month left in my trip and yet I still had to baby my foot, so I decided to cut my time on the islands short and return to Bangkok with Andres. There, we would watch the remaining World Cup matches and championship before he left to go back to Argentina (July 10th). So, with only a month left, I think I can wrap up my trip to Southeast Asia in a final Dandygram . . . but don't hold me to that.

Next up on The Dandygram: 30 Days in Bangkok.

1 comment:

  1. The monkey picture is a classic, and the Pee Pee sign made me laugh out loud. Were those sympathy bandages on your friends, or true injuries?? So fun to read your blog posts, Trevor. xox